Site Map

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Laura's Legacy Chapter 1:21 - Words Can't Kiss

 
Leisure Day came and I threw a Pool Party. I even invited both Pat and Julia, as well as other co-workers and friends; and Jake was there too, of course. Unfortunately my co-worker Jameel got a little carried away by skinny dipping in the hot tub, which caused a mild uproar among my party guests, and I had to get firm with the sim I hired to tend bar to get her to actually work instead of lounging around. But everyone still said they had a good time so my party was a success!
 
 
One day shortly after Leisure Day, I decided to write Jake a love letter so I sat down to compose something romantic.
 
 
A few days later, I recieved a letter from Jake. It said; "Words are sweet, but words can't kiss. Get over here and let's discuss our feelings...."  Yowza!
 
 
Since I had already left Meadow with a babysitter all day while I'd been at work, I invited Jake over for dinner instead. Of course I made his favorite meal - cheesesteak!
 
 
 
Jake spent the night again. The words, the kisses - and everything else - was indeed very sweet.
 
 
The next evening Jake called me and said; "Hi, Babe. I have a surprise for you. Do you think you could find a sitter for Meadow so we could get away for a three day weekend?".
 
"Oh gosh, that sounds fabulous! I think I need a vacation and I'd love to go with you! But that's a long time to leave Meadow with a sitter", I worried.
 
Jake said, I think she's be fine as long as you have a sitter you trust. Or maybe you can get Pat to look after her while we're gone?"
 
"That's a great idea! He's coming over to see Meadow in a few hours so I'll ask him. If he can't do it, I'll see about hiring a live-in Nanny. I'll let you know as soon as I can!", I answered.
 
 
When Pat came to visit, I asked him if he'd be willing to watch Meadow while I was gone. "I need to be out of town for a few days and was wondering if she could stay with you while I was gone so I don't have to leave her with a sitter.", I said. I couldn't quite bring myself to tell him I was leaving for a romantic get-away!
 
 
"Sure!", he answered. He seemed very pleased about the idea. "I've been wanting to have her over to the house."
 
"Oh, and did I tell you that I've recently taken up fishing? Maybe I could take her fishing with me!"; Pat enthused.
 
 
I smiled. This was so endearing, Pat being Pat - the typical athlete and sportsman! "She's a little young for that, Pat", I replied. "But in a few years, I'm sure she would love to go fishing with you."
 
"Yeah, you're right", he said a little sheepishly, I got carried away there for a moment."
 
 
"If caring for her will spoil a fishing trip you have planned, I can see if I can find someone else to look after her", I said.
 
"No, no, I can go fishing any time. She can stay with me and Julia, no problem".
 
 
So that was that, I thought excitedly! I called Jake right away to accept his invitation to go on a that trip with him.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment