Site Map

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Laura's Legacy Chapter 1.10: Redecorating the Nursery


A few weeks later, I called Pat when I got home from work. "The Interior Designer has finished with Meadow's room. Why don't you come over to see it?".


When Pat got there we got caught up on each other's busy lives. He had been filming nonstop for the past two weeks and I had rarely seen him. After we chatted a bit we went upstairs to see Meadow's newly decorated room.


"What do you think?", I asked him. "Didn't she do a fabulous job?"


"It's great! Looks a lot more colorful and fun. She should really love this room as she gets older", Pat replied. "Although I do think that crib looks a bit too large for such a small baby".


"Well", I responded without thinking, "I guess we could always have another one so Meadow would have a sibling to share it with".


Pat silently looked at me with sad eyes. "Laura, Laura, Laura, my sweet Laura", Pat gently answered. "I don't think that would be a very good idea".


"Yes, what was I thinking" I said. "Please forget I said such a thing!", I said in anguish.


"You're not ever going to leave Julia, are you!", I practically yelled at him.


"Aw, Laura, let's not talk about that right now".




"You never want to talk about it!", I said. I had started to cry so I ran out of the nursery and into my bedroom, slamming the door.



After what seems only a few minutes, I heard Pat quietly opened the door to my room and sit down behind me. "Laura, I'm so sorry", he said, his head in his hands. He sounded rather sad, too.


Then he got up and led me over to the bed and laid down with me, silently just holding me, and trying to comfort me as best he could, I suppose. After a while I stopped crying and Pat quietly said; "How about if I spend the night?"

"You know you are always welcome here", I replied. But I was beginning to wonder how true that was. I was afraid that nothing would ever be the same again. And I was surprised, but I was actually glad that he didn't try to kiss me.



No comments:

Post a Comment