Site Map

Friday, October 30, 2015

Laura's Legacy Chapter 1.1: It All Began with Laura


 

Laura's Legacy

Hi. My name is Laura Herrington. I'm a Lucky, Friendly, Charismatic sim. People say I have Star Power; my lifetime goal is to reach the top of the film career. Oh yeah, and I'm a Hopeless Romantic, always looking for love and romance. (Dramatic sigh!)


That's why I moved to Angel City, the City of Stars, where everyone is charismatic and almost everyone is famous. Not that I've met than many people yet, though! But I was lucky enough to land a job at the studio right away; it's a low level job requiring lots of early morning hours, though. Fortunately I found a vacant apartment right across the street. It's small but the price is right, and being so close to the studio makes it easier to get to work in the mornings after staying up late dancing and buying drinks in the bars and clubs. I've been doing this because I was told that the clubs are my best chance to meet people and gain fame, since I don't know hardly anyone yet.





At work I am constantly star struck! The famous actors and married couple Pat Gabriel and Julia Sterling have been filming another movie there. Every time I have to walk by their set I have to remind myself to get back to work! They live in a lovely mansion on a hill overlooking for ocean. How nice is that? (Swoon!)


My boss is the famous actor Matthew Hamming. Matthew told me he was originally from Bridgeport but moved to Angel City for the warmer weather. The weather is nice and mild here all year long. Personally I think I'm going to miss seeing snow, though!


Matthew has been taking me under his wing lately. He's the one who told me I needed to be seen in the clubs. I think he wants to be more than friends, too, but luckily for me he already has a girlfriend at the moment. Besides, he's got quite the reputation as a ladies' man and I don't want to become famous just for being some famous actor's girlfriend. I do like him as a friend though, and appreciate the help he's been giving me with my acting skills and helping me find good parts. He also often invites me to his parties and club outings, too, and since there are usually paparazzi there I've definitely been getting noticed by the entertainment press.




Matthew also helped me get a few small but meaty parts that have allowed me to get some good experience and exposure. With his help, I just landed a great supporting role in a movie starring Pat Gabriel! I've been jumping up and down with excitement all day! I feel like this might just be my lucky break, the standout role that would gain me even more fame and notice in the film world. Tomorrow I fly out to a small, exotic, tropical island where the movie is being filmed. I am so excited right now I can hardly stand it!


I tossed and turned most of the night because I was so excited, but the morning finally arrived and I sat uncharacteristically fidgeting on the plane until we got to the island. It was beautiful! One of the assistants gave a tour and showed some of us around the resort, including the gym, swimming pool, and also where the food for the crew would be catered. We even got to see one of the Luxury Suites, which was very nice.



My room was not as fancy as the luxury suite where the lead actors of the movie were staying, but the accommodations were quite nice and the views of the ocean were breathtaking. I couldn't be happier! Filming was due to start tomorrow and I could hardly wait!




(Author's Note: Suvadiva Resort is a custom world created by the very talented Nilxis available here at his blog. You can use it as a vacation world with the NRASS Traveler mod.)

2 comments: